My Blog List

Thursday, September 5, 2013

And then there was one...

Well, this school year leaves me with one child left at home!  (At least in the mornings).





Griffin started Kindergarten, and man was he ever excited!!  He couldn't wait to go.  And I was so happy that he ended up with a great teacher (a man that reminded me of what Dr. Seuss would look like) and 2 boys from our ward in his class.  Mason and Dakota are very happy with their classes this year as well, even though they didn't end up with a lot of their usual friends in their classes.  They have both been making new friends, and coming home happy every day, so WHEW! Sigh of relief on the part of a worried Mama!  Dakota was a little nervous about starting, but mostly excited, and Mason was a lot nervous and a little excited! They all got blessings from their Dad on Sunday night, and they were pretty excited about that whole experience.  They are already asking when they can get another one!
Oh and yes, Dakota chopped her hair off! I was sad at first to cut off so many beautiful curls, but now it's growing on me, I think she looks cute and older!  She asked me every day for a week if we could cut it, but I kept putting it off.  I made her ask Lee first, and he kinda said No at first.  I could see she was fighting back tears, so I told him privately to reconsider!! Obviously it meant a lot to her, and that sweet girl doesn't ask for much!  So he gave in!
So we are figuring out the whole new school routine, and I must say it's nice in a way to be back, but I also miss our relax days, and I especially miss my amazing helper, Dakota!  Scarlett has really taken to her lately - she calls her "Owa", and asks for her a million times a day.  When she's home, she follows her everywhere and wants to hold her hand and tells her to "mon." (C'mon).  It's very sweet, and a wonderful break for me!!  Dakota is the best big sister ever, so kind and patient with her!  Scarlett is a little lonely with everyone gone in the morning, but most days she goes to the daycare at Spa Lady while I work out, so she's doing fine!  And it's been fun to do the pick ups from Kindergarten - it's quite the Social party right now, with all the Moms talking while the kids play all around.  Mine never want to go home!  I am glad I put Griffin in Chaparral school with all the kids his age from church - there are so many of them, and it's so fun to have them all together!
Anyway, so far so good with the school schedule!!
And here's a picture of Dakota helping her baby sister at the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers