My Blog List

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cubs, the Tooth Fairy and Rain!


   So here are some pictures of Mason being "invested" into Cubs! (And also one I thought was cute of him at the "Soap Box Derby"!)  He got his bandana neck tie thing, whatever you call it, recited the official "motto" and stuff, and got some badges that I need to sew onto his shirt!  Can't believe I have a boy old enough to be in Cubs!  Crazy.  It's so fun to watch your children grow up.  He is so shy in there though with all the bigger boys - he is the first of his friends to turn 8, so it will be nice when some of them join him!  But he still loves it anyway.  He says he really wants a pocketknife like the other boys!  Not sure that's such a good idea in my household, when other children - not to mention any names - might get hold of it!
  On another note, I am the worst Tooth Fairy ever!!  Dakota lost her second tooth yesterday - or rather, it was wiggly so she got her Dad to pull it out!  Lee gets impatient when the kids get wiggly teeth and just HAS to pull them out for them!  Mason usually is scared to death and doesn't really want him to do it, although he does want the money, so he lets him.  But Dakota came home from school asking a million times when Daddy was going to get home so he could pull her tooth out!  She was pretty tough about it too, not surprisingly!  Anyway, I totally forgot about my "Tooth Fairy" duties last night, so she was surprised and disappointed this morning when she woke up and there was no money!  I felt bad, but Mason told her that maybe she would get extra money and a note later on, since that's what happened when the tooth fairy didn't come right away for one of his teeth too!  Yes, that's right, this is not the first time I have neglected my Tooth Fairy duties.  I have forgotten twice!!   So to Dakota's joy, the Tooth Fairy had come while she was at school today, and she got extra money and a note explaining that she hadn't forgotten her, but that a lot of children had lost their teeth yesterday!  She was pretty pumped and told everyone all about it!  Crisis averted.
   And lastly, when is this rain going to stop?!  I am feeling cooped up and really wanting to enjoy some time outdoors in the sunshine!!  It was so nice a week or two ago and I totally got Spring Fever, and now this rain is such a disappointment!!  And of course, Soccer was supposed to start this week, but so far it's been rained out!  Actually Griffin did start his last Saturday, he had a morning of sunshine, and he had lots of fun!  It was really cute too, I'll have to post pictures another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers