My Blog List

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Swimming Lessons, and the Corn Maze!

Well, it's been a long last two weeks!  I've missed being at the cabin so much, it's hard to go back to daily life here and spending nice Summer days overwhelmed with trying to do stuff with 4 kids on my own!  Mainly just Scarlett makes it tough to do much with the other kids, but I must say, she is definitely getting easier now that she's walking!  She just loves to walk back and forth from room to room, picking up whatever she can fine and taking it to another location! (I'll probably have trouble finding something I really need one of these days because she will have hid it somewhere!)  It's very cute though, she seem so proud of herself!  Especially when she walks around carrying the boys' "light saber"!  They all call her a little Darth Vader because she points it straight out and tries to get them!  So cute!
We've just finished two weeks of swimming lessons as well with all the kids!  I had the older 3 registered and realized there is no way I can entertain Scarlett for 1 1/2 hours every morning, so I decided to put her in a class too so I could help pass some of the time!  It was a good idea overall, but also made each day tougher since I had to get myself changed and her at the same time and help the other kids get ready at the right times!  Stressful days!! I was literally counting down each day that I successfully made it through!  Plus the parented swim class with Scarlett was so annoying - I do NOT really enjoy singing songs and splashing in the water with a bunch of other parents and babies!  Especially doing the exact same ones every day for 2 weeks!!  Anyway, it's all over now, thank goodness, and they were all excited to have all passed!  Good job kiddies!
Today was a lot of fun, we took the kids to the Corn Maze for the first time ever.  (My Mom and Joce and her kids came too, and we happened to run into some friends from the ward as well!)  Anyway, we were pretty impressed with it actually, there was a lot of fun stuff to do there!  Big Bouncy pillow, a petting zoo, mini golf, big slides, playgrounds, big and small mazes, bike tracks, pig races, and more!  The kids really loved it, and it was a beautiful day.  Here are some pics to share from the day!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers