My Blog List

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Enjoying our last few days of Summer!

I can't believe Summer is coming to a close and the kids will be back to school in a couple days!  I can't decide if I'm happy about it - the kids are definitely starting to fight alot and get on each other's nerves, so I think some space will be good, or sad - it will be tough to get back in full routine with reading, extracurricular activities, making lunches, etc!  And we've had so much fun enjoying the wonderful weather.  Oh well, it will be good.  We were lucky enough to get to go to Calaway Park this week as a family - well, a family minus one - Melanie was wonderful enough to babysit our biggest handful, Scarlett, so that we could actually enjoy all the rides and stuff with the kids!  It was our first time going there as a family, and we had a blast!  The kids enjoyed all the rides, and Lee and I did too, until our stomachs started to feel a little queasy... I guess our bodies aren't quite what they used to be!  But we went on all the good ones, watched a bit of a magic show, and got some popcorn and mini donuts - lunch for champions!  It was great, we'll have to go back again next year for sure!  I got a few pics, but not very many...
 
 We also went to Chaparral Lake again this week, and the splash park in Cranston, and rode bikes and played around our house with the neighborhood kids!  Good week.
  On a side note, I always forget to write about the cute things my kids say, so while I'm remembering a funny thing Dakota said last week, I will write it down!  So we were sitting down and this man walks by us with a whole bunch of tattoos!  Dakota says, "Wow, that's a lot of tattoos, I would never want all those tattoos!!  One or two, maybe, but not that many!"  I kinda laughed and said, "Really, you would like one or two?"  Then I gave her the whole speech about her body being a temple and stuff.  She seemed kind of embarassed that she had wanted one, it was cute.  And then later in the week, she found some rub on tattoos in our house and said she wasn't sure if she should use them since her body was a temple!  So cute!  I told her temporary ones were fine! (:  What a sweet heart!
  Oh yeah, and in the same week, that sweet little girl also ate a worm!! A bug juicy earthworm!  Nasty!!  She found it and Lee kinda jokingly asked her if she was going to eat it, and she was definitely thinking hard about it, so I said I'd give her a dollar if she did!  Well, that helped her make up her mind and she actually did it!  Said it tasted like mushrooms! (Which she hates!)  Here's the video:
In fact, while I'm posting, I might as well post the video of the time she ate a grasshopper last Summer!  That one's pretty funny! She's got quite a list of bugs in her repertoire now!  How she got so brave, I will never know!  I wont even touch the things she eats!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers