My Blog List

Monday, December 17, 2012

Girls Getaway

For 4 days this December, I was lucky enough to get to go to Arizona with a few of my girl friends for a Girls Getaway!  I was pretty surprised that Lee was actually quite willing to let me go while he takes care of the kids for that long, but he was very good about it all.  He admits it was quite tough, especially with Scarlett being his little parasite while he tried to get some work done, but he seems to have held the fort together quite well actually!!  He got the kids to help him do a thorough clean of the house, doing little fix-its that needed to be done as well, and he even took the kids to the MALL to do some Christmas shopping for me!  I wouldn't even attempt that myself!!  I thought it was really sweet though, and it made me come home feeling so grateful for him and his positive attitude and willingness to do anything to make me happy.  He really is a wonderful husband and I'm lucky to have him.

I really did have an amazing time on the trip too, it was just what I needed.  We had time to relax by the pool, eat out at wonderful restaurants, get pedicures (my first one ever!), see a movie, and most of all, SHOP!  I have never shopped so much in my life!!  It was so nice not to feel pressured by time in the least, we just spent full days going from store to store, especially making sure to hit some of the good outlets and stores we don't have in Canada.  I had so much fun with my friends too, we had lots of laughs and it was a confidence booster for us that we were able to figure out everything on the trip on our own without men to help us!  I came home feeling happy and refreshed!  I was pretty excited to see my kids again though, I felt bad for leaving them again so soon after our Bahamas trip.  And when I got back, Scarlett wouldn't even come to me!!  I think I've given her abandonment issues!  But it definitely didn't take long for her to become my little cling-on again!  Love that baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers