My Blog List

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Calgary Temple!

We finally made it to the Calgary Temple Open House last night, and it was a wonderful experience!  I just find it so neat that there is a beautiful temple right here in our city, and that this is the temple that Lee and I will be going through on a regular basis.  What a beautiful building it was, and it felt amazing to be inside it.  Jocelyn was kind enough to watch Scarlett and Griffin while we just took Mason and Dakota through.  We knew Scarlett would be impossible at this age, and Griffin would probably be a little disruptive and so we thought it best to leave him as well.  (Actually the main reason was because some of Lee's friends from work were going to come with us and we wanted it to be the best experience possible for them, but they ended up cancelling out at the last minute).  My favorite thing that came out of the night was a comment that Mason made after the moment of silence in the Celestial room.  He said "I feel like I'm going to happy cry".  Obviously he was feeling the spirit, and I was so touched by that.  He recognized what it was, and in his bedtime prayer he also thanked Heavenly Father that we could feel the spirit in the temple.  So sweet.  It makes me so happy that my children can have opportunities even at this age, to feel the spirit and build their testimonies.  And it sure proves the authenticity of the temple.  What a great place to be.
I sure wish I had a picture of us outside of it, but it was quite dark outside and we didn't have our good camera, plus we were already running really late to pick up the younger kids!  But here's a beautiful picture I found online of what it looked like all lit up at night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers