My Blog List

Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthdays!

   I'm a little behind on my blogging - you'd think I'd have lots of time with being out of commission with my surgery and stuff, but I'm actually still finding myself quite busy.  Catching up on computer stuff, my mending / sewing, organizing cupboards and closets, Lee's paperwork, and random things around the house.  And I'm actually feeling pretty good now and able to do most stuff, except for lifting Scarlett and other heavy things!  It's been a long recovery though - it's been almost 4 weeks and I'm still quite swollen and sore.  But thankfully I'm out of the worst of it and feeling pretty much myself again!
   It was my birthday a week or so ago, and we had to drive down to Ashley Lake that day so that Lee could install new cabinets at the cabin - so most of the day it didn't really feel like a birthday, but there were at least some nice moments in the morning!  Lee was sweet - I woke up to his special homemade omelettes, complete with pineapple and orange juice and a bouquet of flowers.  The cutest part was that he had stayed up really late after I went to bed so that he could pick up all the ingredients at the grocery store, and then he cooked bacon, sausages, and cut up peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and the meat all into tiny little pieces.  There was TONS of it, and it must have taken him hours!  Very sweet.  I love thoughtful things on my birthday better than just buying me a gift!  My Mom also brought me a little cake and a gift, so that was very nice too!
   While we were down at Ashley Lake it was also Dakota's birthday, and I still wanted to make the day feel special for her, so it involved some planning ahead of time!  My Mom and I decorated the house with streamers and balloons while she was sleeping, planned a few games and a candy hunt to entertain the kids, and bought her a cake and presents to open while we were there.  She had a great day and felt special indeed!  Here's a few pics of my birthday girl!!  The Big 7!!  One of the games we brought was for them to have wars with "Silly String", so they had fun spraying each other and running around!  I kinda forgot how messy it would be to clean up, but oh well!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers