My Blog List

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Back on Board the Blog Train!

I have really been wanting to get started on blogging again for a long time, and I'm finally doing it today! Hopefully my commitment will last a little longer this time than the last (: I haven't been keeping a journal or anything so I REALLY want to record some moments from my life before it's too late and my cute kids aren't quite as cute anymore!
Anyway, here goes!
We just got back from a fun weekend in Montana, with just our little family! It was really nice to get away and have time to just play with our kids and not worry about all the other stresses of life! We got to play out in the snow which to our surprise there was a TON of!! We actually got stuck in the drive way and thankfully were rescued by my Uncle Ken who just happened to be pulling in at that time!! Thank goodness! He cleared the whole driveway for us with his bobca
t! The kids loved building forts with all the snow chunks and having snowball fights too! We also did a little shopping, had an Easter egg hunt, ate out at some yummy restaurants and played at "The Zone: Family Fun Center"! Good times! The kids loved the bumper cars and getting to spend $5 on whatever arcade games they wanted! Griffin loved the independence of having his own "swipe card" - he wanted to do it all himself and wouldn't let us influence his decision on what games to play! I told him he was wasting his money trying to get a toy from the one with the "claw" that drops down - I don't think I have ever seen anyone win at that, so I figured it was almost impossible. But Griff was so determined! He tried it like
4 times and wasted his money, but then Lee helped him aim it the 5th time and he got a green ball! (His favorite color!) Wow was he ever thrilled!! He let out a huge "YES!!!!" and walked around showing it off to everyone. Pretty funny, I guess he showed me!!
We ate a Famous Dave's too and they had a dressed up pig walking around to see all the kids. I really wish I had a picture, but we forgot to bring our camera in! The kids all loved him, except for Scarlett! She looked at him and started bawling her eyes out. It took a while to calm her down, but when we finally did and put her back in her high chair, the pig came back and she started crying all over again! Pretty funny! After that, the pig did his best to avoid her!
We also got to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Cooper on our way there and back, it was nice to see them! We even got to have Easter Dinner with Debbie and Barry and family too - talk about good timing for the drive home! Grandma knitted me a cute sweater for Scarlett, here's a picture:
I gave her the wool and pattern that I had found, and I think she loved the challenge! It took her a while and lots of undoing and redoing! What a cute Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers